|Problem Set #10||January 16, 1998|
1. Propose a mechanism for the following reaction -
2. Show how you would convert (R)-2-butanol to (S)-2-butanethiol?
3. Give the structural formula of an alkene and show the reagents needed to make the following alcohols.
4. Triethanolamine (TEA) is used in industry to remove acid components from gas streams. It also finds extensive use as a buffer in biological systems. "TEA" is made from ammonia and ethylene oxide as shown below. Show how this synthesis occurs and propose a mechanism for one of the steps.
5. Show you would effect the following reaction.
6. Try question 12.43 in Ege.
Instructions for Printing this Document
Chem2O6 Problem Sets & Answers
Chem2O6 Home Page.