|Problem Set #11||January 23, 1998|
1. Write a mechanism for the following reaction.
2. How would you use a Grignard reaction with an aldehyde or ketone to make the following compounds?
3. Write a mechanism for the following reaction.
4. Show how you would carry out the following transformations.
5. You have been given a sample of 2-butanol. You have need of 2-phenyl-2-butene for a specific application. How would you convert the 2-butanol to the desired material. You may use any reagents you wish including other carbon containing compounds.
Instructions for Printing this Document
Chem2O6 Problem Sets & Answers
Chem2O6 Home Page.