Health and Safety
The Department of Chemistry & Chemical Biology is committed to providing a safe environment and maintaining a culture that promotes health and safety. The Co-Chairs of the Chemistry Health & Safety Committee are Jim McNulty and Paul Harrison.Department members on the university's Joint Health and Safety Committee are Darko Ljubic and Julie Gautier. We offer the following tools and information to help you deliver on this commitment.
- Health and Safety Orientation slides can be found here.
- Health and Safety Courses Listing can be found here.
- Template for Laboratory Door Information signs are required for all experiemental spaces. The template can be found here. Instructions: Save the file for best results. Delete the symbols and other information that doesn't apply to your lab. Print the completed template in colour and bring it to the Chemistry Main Office for laminating.
- Chemical Waste Disposal form
- Disposing of Empty Glass Bottles
- Injury/Incident Reports should be completed whenever an injury or incident happens to help with preventing future incidents.
- Designated Substance Reports must be completed if you have designated substances in your laboratory. The form will then need to be approved by the Joint Health and Safety Committee (send the completed form to Darko Ljubic at firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Designated First Aid providers:
Tammy Feher, ABB-156, x20874
Kylie Luska, ABB-301, x23548
Heather Zelisko, ABB-308, x26083
Julie Gauthier, ABB-412, x26084
Patricia Martin, ABB-222, x26082
- AED (Automated External Defibrillator) and McMaster University - information and training video