Health and Safety
The Department of Chemistry & Chemical Biology is committed to providing a safe environment and maintaining a culture that promotes health and safety. The Co-Chairs of the Chemistry Health & Safety Committee are Jim McNulty and Paul Harrison.Departmembers on the university's Joint Health and Safety Committee are Darko Ljubic and Julie Gautier. We offer the following tools and information to help you deliver on this commitment.
- Laboratory Inspections: Your recent Lab Inspection Reports can be found here. Our LabCliQ software logs and keeps track of all inspections.
- Template for Laboratory Door Information signs are required for all experiemental spaces. The template can be found here. Instructions: Save the file for best results. Delete the symbols and other information that doesn't apply to your lab. Print the completed template in colour and bring it to the Chemistry Main Office for laminating.
- Injury/Incident Reports should be completed whenever an injury or incident happens to help with preventing future incidents.
- Designated Substance Reports must be completed if you have designated substances in your laboratory. The form will then need to be approved by the Joint Health and Safety Committee (should we include a link or a contact so people don't have to go hunting?).
- Chemical Waste Disposal formhemical Waste Disposal form
- Hazardous Chemical waste Pick-up form
- Disposing of Empty Glass Bottles
If you have questions, please contact Fan Fei or any member of the Chemistry & Chemical Biology Health and Safety Committee.